Five juvenile males have been arrested and charged by WA detectives after a string of burglaries on Sunday September 26, which resulted in 103 different offences
Noting the vast spread of locations, the investigation involved police officers from a number of different areas. The crime spree culminated with the arrests taking place in Shoalwater
Allegedly, a vehicle was stolen in Joondalup which was used to transport the group during the rampage. It is also alleged stolen axes were utilised to smash the windows at other burglary sites.
It is understood that the offences occurred at:
- A café on Marine Parade Cottesloe;
- A newsagency on Napoleon Street Cottesloe;
- A health food store on Napoleon Street Cottesloe;
- A camping store on Scarborough Beach Road Innaloo;
- A fast food outlet on Hampton Road Beaconsfield;
- A café on Safety Bay Road in Safety Bay;
- A pizza store on Safety Bay Road in Safety Bay;
- A fish and chip takeaway store on Safety Bay Road in Safety Bay;
- A hairdressing salon on Safety Bay Road in Safety Bay;
- A fish and chip takeaway store on Penguin Road Safety Bay; and
- A café on Safety Bay Road in Shoalwater.
The charged juveniles range in age from 16 to 17 and hail from North Perth, Beckenham, Armadale, Spearwood and Kenwick. Charged offences include aggravated burglary, criminal damage and stealing a motor vehicle. Bail was refused for all, with all all members remining in custody until an allocated court date has been organised.